The NU MU Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing provides leadership and scholarship in nursing practice, education and research to enhance the health of all people. We support the learning and professional development of our members, who strive to improve nursing care worldwide.
Keith Hoshal accepting the Chapter Key Award at the 42nd Biennial Convention.
We are in the process of transitioning to a new website on the Sigma Theta Tau website. You'll find NUMU soon at:
The NU MU Chapter goal is to aid in the creation a global community of nurses who lead in using scholarship, knowledge and technology to improve the health of the world's people.
Membership is by invitation to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students who demonstrate excellence in scholarship, and to nurse leaders exhibiting exceptional achievements in nursing.
By joining Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing, Nu Mu chapter you will have the opportunity to collaborate with fellow nurses on how to create a global community of nurses who lead using scholarship, knowledge and technology to improve the health of the world's people.
Here are some additional facts about our membership:
- More than 405,000 members have been inducted worldwide.
- More than 130,000 active members make Sigma Theta Tau International the second largest nursing organization in the world.
- Members reside in more than 92 countries.
- Sixty-one percent of active members hold master's and/or doctoral degrees. Sixty-nine percent are clinicians, 20 percent are administrators or supervisors and 20 percent are educators or researchers.
- There are 451 chapters on college campuses in Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Ghana, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Swaziland, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania and the US.
- The honor society communicates regularly with more than 100 nurse leaders who have expressed interest in establishing a chapter in other countries and territories, including Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, England, Finland, India, Ireland, Israel, Germany, Jamaica, Lebanon, Lithuania, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Spain, Thailand and Wales.